This desk that I made over was the bargain of the century. It cost $50 and with a few supplies and a little effort it looks very similar to a Pottery Barn desk you can find in their catalogue for $1169.00 (below).
I actually like the way my desk came out better than the Pottery Barn one. This desk below is in the Pottery Barn Catalogue for $899.
I didn’t get a great before picture because I forgot to take one. This is the best one I got. While it was on its side, I applied feet. The feet had screws already in them. I used a drill to create a hole on each of the bottom of the legs to screw the feet into. Here you can see all the feet are attached. I used a non toxic stripper to remove as much of the paint that was already on the desk as I could. Once the top of the desk was stripped down to the grain wood, I applied two coats of a dark brown stain to the top. Next, I painted the legs and feet black. After the legs and feet were finished, I applied the black paint to the rest of the body. I taped around the edges of the drawers to prevent from getting paint on the actual drawer and then painted the face of the drawers. Here is how the desk looked after the top was stained and the body and legs were painted. I let it sit to dry for about two days.